Applications can be submitted Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am. to 11:00 am. It is necessary to come three times to our office. 1) to fill out the application, 2) to pay and sign the documents, 3) to receive the power of attorney. (The process takes approximately 10 business days).
- The cost per power of attorney is $173.00 dollars and must be paid in cash.
- Non-Spanish speakers need to be assisted by a translator.
Present the following documents along with the Spanish translation and a set of three photocopies.
- UPDATED CERTIFICATE OF GOOD STANDING, issued by the Secretary of State of California within the last six months.
- NOTARIZED COPY OF THE ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION.
- NOTARIZED COPY OF THE BYLAWS OF THE COMPANY.
- A NOTARIZED MINUTE OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE BOARD FOR ACTION TAKEN WITHOUT A MEETING, authorizing one of its members to appear before the Cónsul General of México in San Diego to grant the power of attorney.
The notarized documents must be certified by the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, and then apostilled by the Secretary of State.
CLERK OF LOS ANGELES
12400 E. Imperial Hwy.
Norwalk, CA 90650
Tel (562) 462-2177
Tel (213) 897-3062
| SECRETARY OF STATE OF CA.
LOS ANGELES BRANCH
300 S. Spring St. 12 Floor-12513
Ronald Reagan Building
Los Angeles, CA. 90013-1233
The person appointed by the board of Directors and the translator must bring:
- Proof of citizenship with two photocopies.
- Identification card with two photocopies.
- Information regarding the purpose of the power of attorney (the full name of the person or legal representative, address of selling or acquiring property, defense of ¡interests before Mexican courts, acts of administration, etc.).
- To incorporate a company, give its name, address and the percentage of capital given by all the partners